It is my birthday, the big 31…So another year down! As many of you know it has been a big one, many lessons learned, the loss of my Dad, a new career path embarked on, gorgeous new soul sisters and a level of support I wasn’t quite sure existed.
In reflecting on the year (and years) that have passed, I thought I would put together a little list of 31 things/lessons/loves and things I know for sure. Funnily enough when I was formatting this post it was a little non compliant, the system seemed to take on a life of it’s own and wanted to have it’s say. As you will see below it picked a pretty important lesson to highlight! Yes universe, I am listening!!
1. Love truly is the most important thing
2. Be brave and be kind
3. Say I love you, every time you can
4. You are exactly where you need to be
5. Your achievements may vary, but they are all important
6. People will surprise you, it may not always be in a good way
7. You need to cultivate a relationship, first and foremost with yourself
8. Life is Short
9. Fat is not the enemy
10. You are not defined by your career
11. You are always hardest on yourself
12. Forgiveness is essential
13. The ocean is restorative, body and mind
14. Good friends are rare, but that’s ok
15. Pain is your biggest teacher
16. For me, a full moon is divine, calming and my favourite time of the month
17. You will never know the end state! Things change, so do people, including you
18. We often take our family for granted, we shouldn’t
19. Follow your bliss, it will bring you home
20. Stuff doesn’t make you happy, but I still love buying it!
21. Writing is therapeutic if you love doing it, it’s annoying if you don’t
22. It is ok to change your mind
23. Trust your intuition
24. Give the benefit of the doubt lavishly
25. At times, laugher really is the best medicine
26. The lesson will continue to present itself until it is learned
27. Grief is painful and incredibly beautiful all at the same time
28. It truly is better to have loved and lost, than never at all
29. You can never have too many books
30. Vulnerability is damn sexy
31. I am truly blessed, lucky and loved!
Happy birthday to me, I am sure to be somewhere eating, swimming in the ocean or basking in the sunshine with those I love. I would love to hear if any of these lessons I have learnt resonate with you. Did you have a favourite? Let me know in the comments below!
Much love, em x